Psychological counseling, help and support is done through individual work with clients to overcome the negative consequences of sensory and physical deficiency (stress, self-isolation, shame, anger, aggression, protectionist or negligent attitude). In general, the diagnostic process in social work is a search for an answer, what is the individual profile of the client, what is his current problem, what resources, means to deal with him, how he should be motivated to deal successfully with the situation. Support includes:
- Conversations, talks, tests
- Behavioral modeling consultations and training
- Learning about positive motivation to overcome problems, strive for proof, win over fear of limitations and failure
- Creating realistic self-esteem and expectations, overcoming complexes
- Promoting the spiritual growth of every user, the right to live, confessing their own values
- Developing initiative and taking responsibility.
2. Legal counseling
It is aimed at both visually impaired people and their relatives. It aims to create a positive attitude for visually impaired people and their relatives to civil society. It informs users about the legal cases that concern them and the terms and conditions for their resolution. The counseling aims at accessing information on the rights of people with disabilities in order to adapt them socially. Clients become familiar with legislation on people with disabilities.
3. Social counseling
Social work is associated with the client's involvement and interaction with the social worker.
It represents: Identifying the difficulties, the problems in the life of the client and facilitating his attitude towards them. Assessing the state of personal resources, potentials, desires, attitudes, barriers, responsibilities and the necessary steps to overcome them. Questions such as: social problems created by disability, hidden discrimination, the disabled person, and others are being discussed. The activity is of the utmost importance for overcoming the social exclusion of people with disabilities. It helps to increase motivation to overcome social exclusion, form civic culture and active behavior, acquire skills for equal access to public services, implementation of regulated rights, reliefs and preferences. Users gain knowledge in the field of labor expertise, retirement provision, social assistance, necessary documents for obtaining aids, health care, etc.
4. Health counseling
- Counseling for a healthy lifestyle designed in relation to the degree of disability
- Providing up-to-date information on fully and partially paid medicines and clinical paths