- Computer training for visually impaired people using a computer with synthetic speech.
- Computer training for visually impaired users using a braille display computer.
- Computer training for visually impaired users using a computer with a visual monitor.
Basic computer skills training is for visually impaired users using a synthetic speech computer or braille display and using a computer with a monitor. The training includes theory and practice. Basic skills for working with Windows operating system, text documents, Internet environment and electronic communications. The key combinations of the specific software with synthetic speech are mastered and skills are acquired to use the software to adapt the visual screen to the individual features of the visually impaired.
The training can include group and individual activities with blind and low visioned users to acquire computer skills, Users receive:
- Training for specialized software for "Jaws for Windows" and Bulgarian synthesized speech;
- Mastering skills for writing, reading, word processing;
- Working with documents;
- Using accessible for blind pages on the Internet;
- E-mail, Facebook and Skype;
- Working with books in MP3 and electronic format.
- Skills for working with a computer for sighted - scaling, using bold and larger object sizes.